Friday, September 20, 2013

Review: Cover FX Total Coverage Cream Foundation

On my last Sephora purchase, I received three samples of foundation.  I'm always excited to try new foundations... it's kind of like the quest to find the "perfect" mascara.  Never ending, but I won't give up!  ;-)

One of the samples was Cover FX Total Cover Cream Foundation.  I was pleasantly surprised at the size of this sample... usually I don't feel there is enough of a sample to really tell how it covers, but this one gave ample!  The full size product is retails at Sephora for $42.00, and is available in 28 shades, so you will be sure to find one that works for your skin tone.  My particular sample came with three colors, of which I tried the lightest one (oh the joys of being transparent).  ;-)

The cream texture was a little dry, making it a little hard to work with.  Perhaps in a full size container it would be easier, but I just felt like it was a little dry.  They do recommend the Cover FX Cream Foundation Brush ($38), which may help.

The coverage it provided was wonderful.  Very even and FULL.  If you are a sheer or buildable coverage kind of gal, this is not for you.  I personally, like having a medium to full coverage, as it covers the redness in my skin better.  However, I felt like it took a lot, A LOT of work to get that even coverage.  It did last all day, with no budging.  But I did feel like my skin wasn't "breathing".  It felt a little heavy on, and although stayed in place, just gave me a very "makeup-y" feel.

Overall, I give this a 3 out of 5 stars.  The coverage is wonderful, but lacks a smooth consistency, and gives a heavier feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment