Friday, September 20, 2013

Review: Olay Fresh Effects Shine, Shine Go Away

I received a sample of Olay's new Fresh Effects Shine, Shine Go Away, and was really excited to try it!  Although my skin is not oily/shiny, my chin is... so I was excited to see how this worked!

My first impression was... weird.  The cleanser is a metallic grey color, which just threw me off.  I tried to get a picture of the color for you, but it just wasn't coming out true to color.  I expected there to be a metallic smell (strictly based on the color), but was surprised that the scent was pleasing.  Fragrant, but not overpowering.

I lathered it between my hands, and it gave a small amount of creamy foam, which was nice.  But to be honest, I was still having a hard time getting past the color!  As I cleaned my face with it, it was fine.  Nothing spectacular, but certainly not bad.  The consistency was nice and I felt like it was cleansing. 

After rinsing my face off, I immediately noticed how stiff and "squeaky" my face felt.  I love a good clean to my face, but I literally felt like it has stripped all moisture off my face.  Even after moisturizing, I still felt as though my skin was dry.  Throughout the day, I kept checking my chin to see if it had made a difference in the shine.  The answer, no.  Perhaps if you use this more than one time, you will get better results (less shine), but I chose not to use this again due tot he drying factor.

Bottom line: If you have oily skin, this may be a great cleanser for you, if you can get past the metallic color.  Dry skin friends, beware.  This is not for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment