Sunday, July 26, 2009

Revlon Double Twist Mascara


I'm always intrigued when there is a product that can save me time. Let's face it, who wouldn't love to have the perfect look in as little time as possible. When I saw Revlon's new Double Twist mascara, I had to give it a try... the brush has an eyelash comb intertwined with a regular mascara brush!

According to the Revlon website, the new mascara, "MASSIVE Volume. REMARKABLE Definition. Revolutionary 2-in-1 brush. Thickening Brush + Separating Combs = The Ultimate Lash Look. Available in 4 shades, including a new signature Revlon® shade, Blackened Ruby. Also available in waterproof formula." Sounds good, right???

From the moment I saw the package, I was not impressed. I don't judge a mascara by it's packaging (you just never know), but it just looked cheap. And it didn't get much better from there...

Pros: Found a package that had two in it for the price of one (Target), didn't seem to come off much during the day, easy to take off at night.

Cons: The brush was very stiff - didn't give much on the lashes, so it kind of felt like it was scraping. Had to use a lot to get the level of color I get from one or two coats with other mascaras. The comb didn't seem to do a darn thing, and the mascara became very clumpy within the two brushes thus making it "globby" going on.

The Verdict: DEFINITELY not worth the money... the quest continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment